St. Vincent General Hospital (SVGH) started in 1950 as a two-story maternity facility owned by the late Atty. Jose Taboada and his wife Dr. Natividad C. Taboada. After nine years of operation, they opened the San Vicente School of Midwifery.
By March 2001, SVGH limited its operations to the school and key hospital departments including the emergency room, imaging, and laboratory. After seven months, SVGH reopened all services under the management of Cebu United Doctors Incorporated (CUDI).
Since July 2008, St. Vincent General Hospital has been managed by a new board headed by Atty. Augusto W. Go as Chairman, Dr. Iben Ting as President, Ms. Candice Gotianuy as Managing Director, and Frederick Ong as Director.
SVGH today is a 100-bed capacity hospital accredited by the PhilHealth as a Center of Excellence and licensed by the Department of Health as a Tertiary Hospital. It has modern facilities, state-of-the-art equipments and manned by highly skilled specialist. It continues to strive for excellence in the field of health care that is accessible and affordable to the community.